Thursday, January 18, 2007

Introduction

My name is Trish Gordon, I am a 23 year old Caucasian female from the small town of Buckhannon, West Virginia located in the United States of America on planet Earth within the Milky way galaxy. I am currently a junior at WVWC and have enrolled in the course global peace and conflict. The course fulfills the general requirement for global studies and is an elective towards my sociology major. In addition to these concrete academic advancements, I am interested in gaining knowledge about global issues and learning about cultural differences. My world view is somewhat unrealistic, optimistic, and distant due to a lack of true knowledge, understanding, and empathy. I hope throughout this course I will develop a deeper and realistic world view. My personal reservations about the class include a fear of being unable to keep up with the reading requirements and that 50% of my grade comes from the midterm and final.

No comments: